8.10.16 Samstag
 |
| Too bad I won't be here for this T_T |
 |
| Wow this tea looks good. |
 |
| I shop at this place for some spices. The clerk said "Ni hao" to me, and I told him I was Korean. I don't blame people for mistaking me for Chinese. Simple statistics. People tell me they can't tell Asians apart, though. I'm trying to distinguish Europeans apart, too. French girls usually have straight bangs, so those are a good tell. |
 |
| I like sunflower seeds more. Plus, these are really salty. |
 |
| These are really good. |
 |
DANK KEKS
Will this ever get old? I'm getting into the habit of eating sweet things now that I'm buying so many keks. |
 |
| It wasn't bad. |
 |
| Shot in the dark for spices. Turns out that the ground peppers are really quite spicy. I like it. |
 |
| This was a mistake, though. It's extremely salty and extremely spicy. And now I have a whole jar of it. I'll...use it to pickle or something. |
 |
| Goat cheese with coriander. Really easy to eat. |
 |
| I think this is cottage cheese? At least the texture is similar. Would not buy again. |
 |
| Oh man this was really good. Crumbly, creamy, and flaky goat cheese. It's a bit of a mess, but definitely would get it again. |
 |
| I only just noticed that this isn't the authentic Sriracha. I had to look at the label after tasting it, because man, was I disappointed. It's just not the same. That goes for the Trader Joe's knockoff, too. |
 |
| The German word for trail mix is studentenfutter (student food/feed). No candied pieces here, though. |
Ulrich, Luise, and I went to go pick up some bathroom shelves. We had to drive a ways away.
This house looked really cozy. I want a house that spans multiple levels in the future. I have a thing for stairs.
We went to Ikea after. I looked around and planned my room. There was no way I could buy something big, because Ulrich's car was already full.
This time I was buying some Ikea food for sure.
 |
| These are vegetarian meatballs. It was alright; wouldn't get it again. |
 |
| mfw "snack dressing". I didn't try it. |
 |
| Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! The pickles and fried onions go together well. |
Ulrich was having his friend Charlie and his wife, Francisco?, over, so we had to get back quick for dinner preparations.
 |
| Ulrich is a chicken expert, and this is a Bavarian-style chicken. I forgot the exact herbs, but just look at it. It looks great! |
 |
| It's a French chicken, and more expensive. Each chicken is stamped for authenticity. You know when you're eating a good chicken. |
 |
| Wholesome and healthy. It was really nice. Of course there is wine :^) |
 |
| Francisco brought this dessert! It's like, yogurt mixed with stuff. |
 |
| Also, berries. |
 |
| Like a mousse. Really good, and a lot of different textures to enjoy. |
Not shown is Ulrich's vinaigrette. His secret is eshallot, small, dry onions. I was convinced to go get some next time.
9.10.16 Sonntag
I decided to try a local bakery in the morning.
 |
| Brezel. It wasn't warm or fluffy. I suppose I should've warmed it up before I ate it. The salt is not evenly distributed, and I prefer mine with mustard. If I buy a brezel again, it'll have to be served warm. |
 |
| Chocossant. It looks crispy, but it wasn't T_T |
 |
| And this chocolate lump made me sad. Come on, man. I keep giving chocolate croissants a chance, but I've been let down every time. Just butter croissants from now on. |
 |
| Baguettes cost at least 2x as much here than in France. ~2,40€ |
 |
| Luise's cookbook |
 |
| Maybe I'll start baking milk breads. Nice and fluffy breads. Sigh, I'd have to buy my baking gear all over again. |
 |
| Luise bakes cakes. This is karottenkuche, carrot cake. |
I made a ton of soup with carrots, potatoes, onions, and spices. It'll last me the whole week.
Luise and I watched Wallace and Gromit and SamBakZa's 떳다그녀.
10.10.2016 Monntag
Luise invited me to a cocktail casino at the Ratskeller.
 |
| Beautiful room, but tacky lighting. |
 |
| The Jumbo Cocktails cost a dollar more for rolling purposes. |
 |
| You roll a 1d6 in a yahtzee cup. You pay that many Euros for your drink. +1€ if Jumbo. |
 |
| I rolled a 5 and a 1. |
 |
| Nice cup |
 |
| Jumbo size |
 |
| Lucky guy rolled 2 sixes. You get a small prize if you roll a 6, so it's not a total loss. That means 5 is the worst possible roll. |
 |
| This week the prize was beanies. Jonosch? already had one, so he asked if I wanted it. I said, "Yes!" |
 |
| There are at least 4 sex shops in this town, so I assume people don't use these often. It's interesting to put a monetary value on how much you value safe sex. |
 |
| Luise's drawing |
11.10.2016 Dienstag
 |
| You have to clean when you no longer get a wi-fi signal. |
At the library again, because I'm out of data for this month. The librarian yelled at me, because I had my backpack with me in their study area. Apparently, you aren't supposed to have any big bags with you in the study area, which includes backpacks. You are supposed to put it in one of their lockers and only bring what you need to the desk. Also, if you drink water, it has to be in a clear container. Pretty strict, but those are the rules. Now I opt to sit upstairs, away from the librarian's line of sight.
12.10.2016 Mittwoch
 |
| This is kind of a place where alcoholics/druggies/homeless hang out. The city decided it was better to provide them a place, rather than having them roam around. I think some churches come and give food, too. |
 |
| Soup is the easiest way for me to consume vegetables. I make a lot of soup at once and reheat it over the course of the week. |
13.10.2016 Donnerstag
 |
| My mom worries about my diet, but I think I'm doing pretty well, if you don't count the keks. |
 |
| Gyms advertise free water. Not all gyms offer free water, which is crazy. In restaurants, you're not served water, either. You're expected to buy a drink. It's starting to bother me. |
No comments:
Post a Comment