Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Alt-Saarbrücken Weihnachtsmarkt

21.11.17 Montag



I'm really trying to work hard on Pattern Speech and Recognition (PSR). It's hard, the class is very fast-paced, and the homework is pretty difficult, but this is great practical work with ML.

22.11.17 Dienstag

Revolving door near the CS department.


23.11.17 Mittwoch

I'm running low on space on my laptop. I cleared up some space to install Linux on a separate partition, but made the partition only about 20 GB. Also, Linux Mint was having some issues- I'd later install Ubuntu.

24.11.17 Donnerstag

It's Thanksgiving!~ Mom sent me pictures of her Thanksgiving meal she made. I missed being with my family and eating with them. I made plans to buy some sweet potatoes (expensive) to make yams. I don't know if I can find marshmallows here, though.

25.11.17 Freitag

I prefer dark chocolate.
Good ol' graffiti.
There are bars everywhere except the windows- proof that this neighborhood isn't that bad.
This is across the street from the Aldi/Lidl.
Bread-picking contraption!

This looks fun to design.
They sell hard plastic crinkly bags.
I'm sure they know what this means.
We have some cellar space down below, but I don't think I'll need to use it, unless I get a bike.
I love cheap, good bread.
I bought a nice whiskey glass here. A nice glass makes drinks taste better.




Sun-dried tomatoes are really good. Expect to play at least 3€ for decent ones.
I have no idea how to pick wine. I just go by what's cheap and then by labels I like.

The church behind my WG.

Nice assortment of flowers outside the IT school next to the church.

I had to come to the Zollamt to pick up a package that didn't make it through customs.

I didn't bring my printed receipt and couldn't find it online. We wanted to see if the receipt was included in the purchase, but it wasn't. Thankfully, this purchase was under 15€ or something, so after the guy asked his coworker, it was okay.

Weird coat-of-arms painting on their balcony.

Postman's bike.

The IT school.

Very peaceful park.
This swing is great. It's big enough for me to lie down on!
Good ol' anti-vandalism vandalism.

Germany, where trash is well-monitored.
Note to self: don't ask women whether they have ever been prostitutes before. It won't be perceived as an honest question; they will probably find it offensive.

26.11.17 Samstag

Luise's squash.
Wine-and-paint bar. Cool!
I checked out the Alt-Saarbrücken Weihnachtsmarkt with some friends.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Cute.
I don't know what these things are.
There are a bunch of vendors on the streets.



I don't know whether these are good knives or not.
Baumstriezel.
Cozy bar.
mfw mit "Schuss"
Gluhwein. Not my jam.
At least I drank mine, unlike this person.
Kooky decoration.
I did not try this. The sign was not very appealing.
It looks fancy inside!
There were a LOT of people!
Hot grandma or hot grandpa.
These were smelly things that supposedly last for a year. The smell of mine is a bit weaker after 4 months, but they still do smell good.
Snowballs!

Schneeball with chocolate is great.
I do like pulled pork...
...but this was the saddest pulled pork sandwich I've ever seen. More disappointed than when I tried the Costco beef brisket sandwich. This is why I don't like food trucks.
Pinocchio schnitzel.
It took forever to try to get a bier.
Potato pancakes with applesauce. I don't get why they eat it with applesauce. I'd rather have ketchup and hot sauce with my potatoes.
"Pathfinder"?
Sorry to say it, but Saarländisch food wasn't really appealing. Not on an instagram-level, anyway.
Zimtwaffeln is always good. Kind of pricey at 5€, but worth it.
Bavarian beer cheese. Interesting.
Cask party!
They have a stage set up here where people sing, dance, act, yell.
Great Christmas atmosphere!

Weird-ass poster.
27.11.17 Sonntag

Just bake sweet potatoes, mix with some brown sugar, and serve warm or cold. If you have marshmallows, layer them on top and bake it until the marshmallows are golden-brown. I like them warm.
Luise and her friend made cookies, and I was happy to eat them :3

No comments:

Post a Comment