16.10.17 Sonntag
 |
| I had the pleasure of attending a concert, and it was incredible. Live music is great and inspiring! |



 |
| Made tabbouleh. It has an amazing aroma and it's really healthy. Also, vegan. It takes me so long to prep all these veggies, though. Easily 3+ hours. Maybe I'll speed up with more practice. |
 |
| Grill some bread 'till crispy to go with the greens. |
17.10.16
I went to the bank and set up an appointment for tomorrow.
 |
| I forgot to get something with Mirabelle in Metz. Apparently Mirabelle is good there. I settled for just buying some yogurt. |
 |
| Delicious grapes again. |
 |
| Tupperware. |
18.10.16 Dienstag
I went to the bank and set up online and mobile banking. The wifi finally got set up and the router came, so Luise and I set it up. Sweet, sweet internet. Our connection is quite slow (I'm used to fiber), but still great. I started looking up stuff on IKEA to start setting my room up. I tried some games and I have ~120 ms extra ping for US servers.
 |
| I wanted to like a lot of cheeses, but this one is ass. |
 |
| Could not eat it. Begged Luise to give it to someone who likes it. |
 |
| These are so easy to eat. |
 |
| Nutty and fragrant! It was okay. |
In the evening there was a welcoming for new masters students. I went and met a bunch of people. We went to Zing afterwards for a drink. Their hand-written menus are charming.

 |
| I don't know how I thought I could lose weight here with all this beer, bread, and sausage. |
19.10.16 Mittwoch
I woke up around 8:40 to sign up for extracurricular classes, or sports. Apparently you need to sign up really quickly or you won't get a spot, as it's first come first serve. I signed up for Aikido, Charleston (the dance), and Massage. I later had to drop Aikido because of conflicting time schedules.
I bought my IKEA stuff today. Going to spend ~930 euros to finish furnishing my room. Pretty expensive (delivery was 109), but it's a one-time cost. The delivery will come in a week and I'll pay them then.
20.10.16 Dienstag
Wells Fargo has really been an unsatisfying experience for me. Xoom charges me $5 for bank transfers, but WF has a bunch of locks and charges at least 10x as much. What a load of bollocks. I'm starting to transfer money over to my DB account.
I met with Greg and Ania for a beer and pool. Pool is 8€/hour, pretty good price. You need to order a drink, but those are around 2€.
 |
| I've got to try grog sometime. |

Greg and I checked out the Asiamarkt on Mainzerstraße after. Then I checked out Edeka.
 |
| I had to try it! |
 |
| It's a tidy shop. |
 |
| These things are NOT cheap, though. It sucks that my everyday goods are now specialty. I really miss my Zion/H-mart/Woori/other Korean chain markets. |
 |
| I'm discovering that supermarkets have tiers. Edeka is pretty high tier- generally higher quality stuff. |
 |
| First time seeing this lmao |
 |
| I really like wafers, but these were not what I expected. It wasn't crispy. |
 |
| I went literally ham. |
 |
| I love wafers. |
 |
| This description is incomplete. Look at the next picture. |
 |
| This is the right description. They're wafers with a rum truffle cream. Really delicious! Of course these go great with milk. |
 |
| I can't really tell differences between the milk, but I get around 3,8% fat. |
 |
| It's not really easy to find herbs at the supermarket. Look at this cute couple on the packaging, though. |
 |
| Seeing figs just made me want to eat figs. |
 |
| Cream-cheese spreads. Don't get the fig cream-cheese. It's weirdly sweet. Figs are best by themselves. |
 |
| Spices are pretty expensive if you're not watching the prices. |
 |
| I decided to spend a little extra on olive oil, but this doesn't hold a candle to the brand Ulrich bought. |
 |
| Pretzels go best with mustard, more so than cheese. Maybe I'm missing something about pretzels here. Many people just eat their brezel plain, ohne soße. |
 |
| Without a food processor, being saucy ain't easy. |
 |
| It's cold, so I bought a pair of casual gloves, but these kinda suck ass. Somehow, wearing these make my hands feel COLDER. The touch-screen feature is also finicky. Would not recommend. |
 |
| I bought some inari wrappers, but these are hella expensive here. This is around 5€. |
 |
| Furikake at 4€. Super expensive, but I want to make decent inari. |
 |
| I grew up with rice, and my body wants it. |
 |
| I bought some of their kimchi, but I was really unimpressed. It was the saltiest kimchi I've ever eaten in my life. When something is too salty, it's hard to concentrate on anything other than just how salty it is. Maybe that's why they call people salty when they're hurtbutt. |
 |
| Unfortunately not crispy and the filling was not legit. |
 |
| I tried frying some salami instead of eating it raw. It tasted the same, just a little crispier. |
 |
| Yay rice. I don't have a rice cooker, though, so cooking rice is a mess to clean. No, Luise, I won't just put the pot in the dishwasher. |
 |
| Life is all about living a little, and I live a little a lot. These cheeses were interesting, but not something I'd go back for a repeat purchase. The wasabi cheese was the best tasting and most novel. It was mostly flavorful, not spicy. But I like the wasabi flavor. If you only eat wasabi on sushi and not...say, wasabi-covered peas, you won't like it. |
23.10.16
 |
| 3 N's are rare in words. |
No comments:
Post a Comment