10.4.16
Samil, David, and I have been planning this trip for quite some time. Well, it's finally time. Also, this update is coming half a year late. I've been slacking on editing these pictures. BUT NOW THEY'RE DONE!
 |
| This will give me energy for the next half day it takes for me to travel. I give myself plenty of time to get to the airport. I also have to wait quite a bit until my plane comes. |
 |
| They have a nice waiting area here. I napped and played hearthstone for literally hours next to a charger. |
 |
| Playpens still exist! This one is special and cool. |
 |
| These look incredibly swaggy, but they're above 100€ each. |
 |
| Hot dog stand at the airport |
 |
| Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're here! Time to learn the metro system. |
 |
| Made it. Now just a bit of a walk to the airbnb. |
 |
| Host left out some snacks. I really appreciated it. |
11.4.16
 |
| What a nice morning! Beautiful view from our airbnb balcony. |
 |
| Long time no see, Smail~ |
 |
| We played this. It wasn't half bad! Like with every board game, it's most exciting when every mechanic is new to you. |
 |
| I don't like having to do this. |
 |
| Sponges |
 |
| A recipe outside the restaurant. Cool. |
 |
| "so-called" |
 |
| I don't know why they painted the trees up to here. |
 |
| This place is supposed to be good. |
 |
| Pies are a thing here, and philadelphia cream cheese, apparently. |
 |
| French toast sandwich. Interesting. |
 |
| Classic cheese pie. |
 |
| Baklava |
 |
| Spinach pie |
 |
| "A country that respects human rights" |
 |
| You see a ton of kouri stands. This is all they sell! There's hardly any variety. It's like a sesame bagel, but more bready and less squeaky. |
 |
| This wasn't any good. Decor was at least interesting. |
 |
| All street food is American junk food, apparently |
 |
| That's a copyright violation if I ever saw one. |
 |
| Spooky hallway in broad daylight |
 |
| SICK logo |
 |
| We walked a bit away from the beaten path to get here. We crossed some more ghetto-looking areas, but this place looks nice. |
 |
| They put out a bread basket and charge you if you eat it. I don't like that. I want to eat bread, though. |
 |
| Tzatziki was unexpectedly spicy. Nice. Balsamic was very sweet. |
 |
| This is pretty easy to drink. |
 |
| Some REAL greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is T H I C C |
 |
| Sloppiest support for communism I've seen. Shitty art doesn't make me want to revolt. |
 |
| What is with philadelphia lmao |
 |
| Imagine my disappointment when I found out they don't serve pizza sandwiches. |
 |
| #justcapitalismthings |
 |
| Beautiful Athens |
 |
| Wonderful trash can building |
 |
| Weird to see a backwards オ |
 |
| First time I've seen myopia referred to as "low vision". |
 |
| They closed the small door off :( |
 |
>Implying all other food isn't real.
You can inspire people to eat healthy without being condescending. |
 |
| I want it all, and I'm going to get it. |
 |
| People taking pictures of the guards. |
 |
| Someone actually created a seat for one. Why not just create 2 3-seater benches? This isn't practical. |
 |
| I've already seen everything. I don't need to pay to go in. |
 |
| lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo |
 |
| This is an OSHA hazard in the very least |
 |
| David picked off one, but it was really sour. |
 |
| Looks like a family deli shop deal. You order at the counter and eat at the table. |
 |
| Ma boyz |
 |
| Decent bread here. |
 |
| This octopus was really good. I'm not a fan of octopus, so I rarely eat it, but I need to eat seafood while I'm in Greece, and also because I eat almost none of it in SB. This was easily the best octopus I've ever had. The skin was very flavorful, cooked in a tomato-y sauce. The skin just came right off and was a bit crispy. It wasn't overly chewy, and eating it was a delight. The suckers weren't off-putting at all. The pasta wasn't impressive, but a good filler to eat with the octopus. 10/10 A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ would eat again. |
 |
| Filled zucchini. It was alright. It was served in this lemon-y sauce- not a fan of sour and zucchini. |
 |
| This was chicken spaghetti. Kind of a weird combo. The chicken was served cold, which was hard to eat. I thought it was a mistake, but I ate it anyway. I don't know, maybe cold chicken is a thing here (no way)? |
 |
| Man, this yogurt was T H I C C. Look at that spoon standing straight up. That's how thick it was. Loved it. |
 |
| This is one of the most highly rated bars, and it's really easy to love. Apparently the oldest distillery. I highly recommend it if you're ever in Athens. |
 |
| instagram-worthy |
 |
| Full transparency |
 |
| Coincidentally, our drinks were red, white, and blue. Started with traditional liquors flavored with curacao, peach, watermelon (left to right). |
 |
| All these weird drinks! It was a great experience. |
 |
| These are some strange-ass combos. We didn't try any. |
 |
| Complete your smurf look |
 |
| Tsipouro (vodka), bramble, Ouzo (fennel, spicy!). I forgot if it was in that order. |
 |
| I feel so obligated to take a picture of this wall. I like it. |
 |
| Super tiny bar. I'm glad we came early. |
 |
| The first of many gelatos |
 |
| Cola is cola is cola |
12.4.17
Day 2
 |
| Stairs that lead to nowhere |
 |
| Oh hi cat |
 |
| What is that big net for. It's too lame to be a decoration. |
 |
| Temple of Zeus wasn't worth it, but it comes with our ticket book. I should've brought my student ID- could've saved money on attractions. I suppose I'm fine contributing to Greece, though. |
 |
| What? You don't want to eat here? Do you hate God? |
 |
| So many stray cats. Love 'em. Residents treat them well. |
 |
| This bakery was great! Price-wise, atmosphere, taste. |
 |
| I can see why these are popular. The outside is nicely crispy, the inside is chewy, and every bit is packed with toasted sesame flavor. It's hard to dislike this, actually. |
 |
| A real spinach pie. Can't hate this either. |
 |
| This was like a custard bread. Also good. Can't go wrong at this bakery. |
 |
| Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute~ |
 |
| FUCK cacti. What if that just falls on you one day? |
 |
| Acropolis museum |
 |
| Underneath the bridge, you can look through the floor and see what they're restoring. |
 |
| People throw coins and stuff down there. |
 |
| What the shit is playing on these monitors |
 |
| Inside the museum, they put exhibits underneath you. Cool idea. |
 |
| SICK cubes. |
 |
| You thought the next picture was going to be a 69 cube, didn't you? I wish. Couldn't find it. |
 |
| I didn't know the symbol's origin. |
 |
| I'm not going to take pictures of the entire museum. Then there'd be no reason for you to visit. |
 |
| BEES |
 |
| Irony. They put songbirds out here so passersby can listen to them. |
 |
| Everything is built around tourist spots like this. Because you can't walk through them, it makes it pretty frustrating to walk around in Athens. There's no quick way through- you always have to go around something. |
 |
Is Pomi STILL taking pictures of that cat?
Yeah, I think that's his favorite thing about Greece. |
 |
| We went to A for Athens for coffee. Pretty nice rooftop bar, albeit a bit warm. |
 |
| You're not supposed to drink the dregs of Greek coffee. |
 |
| I swear, all Greek people do is eat cheese pies and kouri, drink coffee, and smoke all day. |
 |
| This was okay, wouldn't get it again. |
 |
| That's a compelling reason to drink it hahaha |
 |
| Ah, a beggar kid came up and played some shitty tune on their recorder or something. Then held out her hand expectantly. Yeah no. We gave her the ol' ignorino. These two really, really hate being peddled at. |
 |
| Dooooooooooooogggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee |
 |
>Probably
Lol |
 |
| Beautiful columns. |
 |
| SOOOO RANDOM |
 |
| I feel a strong affinity with turtles. Yes, I know this is a tortoise, CHILL. |
 |
| THAT'S US! AND WE RULE! |
 |
| Walk up the steppes and past all these cafes. Nice atmosphere. |
 |
| This place doesn't look too shabby. It's next to a preschool or something. |
 |
| Strays tryna get lucky |
 |
| Moussaka. Basically lasagna. Pretty normal. |
 |
| Anchovy in olive oil, vinegar. These were absolutely wonderful. The meat was firm, yet a bit chewy. Every time you chewed, you could taste the fruitiness of the olive oil mixed with the sourness of the vinegar and finished with the slight salt. The fish absorbed all these flavors and it really brought out the not-fishy-at-all fish flavor. 10/10 would recommend. |
 |
| I ate all of the fish. No luck for you catties. |
 |
| It's really anticlimactic coming up here, because there honestly isn't much to see. "Wow, I can IMAGINE everything that used to be here!" No, it doesn't really work out like that. The view from the top is great, though. |
 |
| Big doorways never fail to make you feel small |
 |
| I spy |
 |
| #lifefindsaway |
 |
INEW
NEWI
EWIN |
 |
| Smail bought some peppercorn chocolate. It was actually pretty good! Try it some time if you see it. |
 |
| I didn't like the green beer. Samil got a Gold Bohemia. I liked that one more than these two. |
 |
| Restroom door |
 |
| Greek olive oil is the best. It's the fruitiest olive oil I've ever had, and it makes everything taste better. I'll only buy good Greek olive oil from now on if I can help it. |
 |
| Taramasalata here wasn't good either. |
 |
| The decor was not bad, but the dishes at this place are just not very good. This octopus is nowhere near as good, or even as plentiful. |
 |
| lmao. This wasn't too hot. |
 |
| Best thing here was probably this Ouzo at the end. |
No comments:
Post a Comment