15.4.17
We took a plane and landed in Rome. You'd be surprised to how many decisions you can say "when-in-Rome" to. All of them.
 |
| Beautiful airbnb. |
 |
| Indoor market. |
 |
| I think that's potable. |
 |
| They have bleachers. That's cool. |
 |
| This is one of those things you throw and it squishes. It also makes a "SQUAW" sound when you do it. I wouldn't buy one of these, but I know people who would. |
 |
| Our record was eating gelato 7 times in one day. |
 |
| There are TOO MANY PEOPLE HERE. You can't get a good picture. |
 |
| Our favorite tiramisu place we tried. |
 |
| Ask me about my free tasting. |
 |
| You can look into their fridges from the outside. Cool. |
 |
| That looks good! |
 |
| Advertising "80% homemade" is interesting. Maybe anything above 50% is deemed good? |
 |
| There's a big mirror on the floor in case you aren't able to look up. |
 |
| Coffee vending machine. |
 |
| All the free attractions are packed. |
 |
| Our favorite pizza place was coincidentally the first one we went to. |
 |
| Really, the bread is thick and crispy enough that maybe it's more like a focaccia than a pizza. Doesn't matter, still great. Our favorite is the FUNGHI. |
 |
| When in Rome, drink Italian beer. |
 |
| The bird was pecking the plastic decorations off and eating it ._. |
 |
| After the market closes for the day, they leave it a mess. A cleaning truck goes around, but I'm trying to drink my beer here. |
 |
| lmao the guy posing for the pic. |
 |
| aAa |
 |
| Did you say "apertivo", my new favorite word? |
 |
| Count me IN |
 |
| Potable water. Cool. Looks like they respect human rights here, too. |
 |
| When a dish was finished, they would replace it with a different dish, not the same one. Great variety here! |
 |
| These two aren't really wine guys, but I wasn't either, until I drank a lot of it. |
 |
| All aboard the eat train |
 |
| Emma, we reserved a table here. You thought we were done eating? As if! |
 |
| The decor is unexpectedly nice for the price point. |
 |
| I'ma wine and dine ya. |
 |
| I have to say, I'm a fan of pizza that has a strong bottom. Crispy underside, one that holds its shape when you lift it up. These just flop. You eat it with a knife and fork. If this is real, give me the fake one. |
 |
| Get your aperol spritz on. |
16.4.17
Roma day 2.
 |
| They use the rosemary straight from the plant. That's awesome. |
 |
| The pizza was aiite. |
 |
| I'm not a fan of potato on pizza. It's a bit much for me. |
 |
| I saw this happen. Woman dropped her lens cap, fell through the crack. It's pretty far down; she gave up and caught up with her kids who were going into a train station. SAD! |
 |
| Our favorite place |
 |
| Look at all that FUNGHI! |
 |
| We discovered they have this spicy sauce, too. It was quite spicy and really flavorful. |
 |
| This was the moment I realized I didn't like crowds. More accurately, I didn't want to be anywhere near here. But hey, when in Rome. |
 |
| We decided to go with a tour. Our time is worth more. |
 |
| People take out the iron supports that were once inside. |
 |
| I thought it'd be oval-shaped, but there are these protrusions. |
 |
| You look out into the cellar, since the floor is long gone. Those are all elevators. |
 |
| There's a rose garden across the way. We didn't check that out. |
 |
| Life finds a way. |
 |
| Architects have their own signatures when they design buildings. These egg? things are one of them. |
 |
| This doesn't show a proper scale for how tall these trees are. |
 |
| The site that Julius Caesar was murdered. |
 |
| The sidewalk shrinks to nothing. |
 |
| They're just vending machines. |
 |
| I had a real hankering for fruity flavors. I don't think I got anything vanilla or chocolate. Frutti di bosco was really delicious. |
 |
| Balls bobbin' in the river. |
 |
| This is a Jewish Roman restaurant. |
 |
| mfw "Tripe of the ghetto" |
 |
| Artichoke. |
 |
| A fish dish- it was okay. |
 |
| I think this is eggplant. |
 |
| What cake do you want? All of them. |
 |
| Always impeding my forward movement. |
 |
| They have bleachers at this market (same one we were drinking beer at). |
 |
| So we sat in them. |
 |
| I asked for chocolate, but he gave me nutella. :/ |
 |
| There were lots of tags like this. |
 |
| This place's tiramisu, not so good. |
 |
| It's a warm night; people are out 'till late. |
No comments:
Post a Comment