Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Italien - Roma Day 3, 4

17.4.17

Roma day 3.

This is a pretty swaggy cafe.


Now THAT'S jelly.


Look at how it holds its shape. Nice viscosity.
Look at how many freaking layers this sfogliatella has. It was wonderfully crispy and delicious, like an Italian croissant. I recommend you try one.




Always getting the house wine.



We wanted to see what the big deal about cacio e pepe was, but it really is just cheese, pepper, and pasta. I don't recommend.
This time we got tripe. It was quite good. I think the acidity of the tomatoes helped make the tripe softer.









I used to go to a website called "inanimatefaces.com". It's been long gone.
It's fake.


Life finds a way.
They have a cafe up here.
Walking on babbies.
I KNEW it was cagliostro-y. Shoutout to Lupin and the Castle of Cagliostro.
The chest has 7 locks- each of those keys are entrusted to 7 different people.


Further inspiration for my upcoming hit single.






Fruit in sweet and spicy syrup.
This looked really interesting, but it didn't taste very good. If fruit doesn't taste better than when it was fresh and ripe, then I'm usually not a fan.









Great beers here.



Their cocktail menu. Super hip!

Apertivo is my favorite time of day. This place wasn't as good or as interesting as Vin Allegro, though.

View is great, but hardly any seating here.

We went to a slightly more upscale place, but this place was just okay.
Not as good as the fried one we had at Nonna Betta.
Lettuce doesn't really go with mozzarella. Not cut like this, anyway.
We kept ordering cacio e pepe to find out if it's actually good. It isn't, and this place did it the worst.
Spaghetti fresca. Is it hard to find red sauce pastas or am I just blind?


































18.4.17

Roma day 4.


This slowly rotates CCW.




Boobs were a sign of fertility.

ayyyyyy lmaoooooo
Carvings on the ceilings, too. Or was it just painted to look like it?





This is a hall of maps, shoutout to the cartographers of the time.


They decorated their maps with important events of the era.
These town designs are so cool. Did that even exist? You'd have to follow the map to find out.













These columns are outrageous.
What a brilliant orange.



Mastery of sculpting- to make such a hard material look so soft.







We met up with Molly and her friend!



Gimme dat FUNGHIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiii.

Suppli was okay.




I really liked the berry flavors.
From a distance, the 'P' is hidden, so it looks like "IZZA KEBAB".

And no, they don't make pizza kebabs.


It wasn't time for them to open the bar yet, but he served us anyway. Ayy lmao.
I really liked Smail's Willybald's Weisses. Probably one of the best beers I've ever had.
I elected to get my aperol spritz on.
You turn on the faucet with your foot.

Thanks for taking our pic, Molly!




Roped off because it was raining through the hole in the ceiling.




No, they don't sell monocles. At least, none on display.












Bavid, true believer of jeggings. Look at how big his butt is.
MAKE AN ORB!




Hard lunch















Molly and her friend...ordered a cacio e pepe. Hahaha. We didn't expect it at all. They didn't think it was bad.



Potter-lookin' ass

Their "seasonal fruit" dessert. I've had better berries.



We went back to our favorite tiramisu place.
This was just okay.
Also just okay.
d@ viscosity tho.
tfw you realize they're going to make you pay for water

No comments:

Post a Comment