13.4.17
We decided to go visit Aegina, an island. In retrospect, it was way cooler than going around Athens, and we should've done more of the islands. You live and you learn! If you plan to visit Greece, Athens is a 1-day thing; fly in and head over to the islands.
 |
| Ferry from Piraeus to Aegina |
 |
| Shoutout to the time I met a girl named "Seeyou" |
 |
| Fuck all these restaurants next to the pier. I want to eat elsewhere. We rented some bikes and traveled south to some eateries. |
 |
| An example of a beach that isn't sandy. |
 |
| My taint hurt after all this biking (the seat wasn't great), but totally worth it. |
 |
| I really liked the Fix. |
 |
| Store owner was eager to show me his fresh fish-of-the-days. |
 |
| Taramasalata |
 |
| I think the anchovies I had at the place before were pickled a bit better, but these were still good. |
 |
| Stay away from more Italian-style foods in Greece. Just not that special. |
 |
| These fish are mine, buddy boy |
 |
| The view is fantastic. Really gets your appetite going. That and the biking. |
 |
| I could tell it's fresh, but it's a pretty normal fish. It was also salted relatively lightly from the fish I'm used to (Korean-style salted pollack). I felt obligated to get some kind of fish dish, but I think I would've enjoyed something else from the menu. Also, this isn't a fish I eat often. I forgot what kind it was, even. |
 |
| This wet towel was the best one I've ever used in any restaurant hands down, bar none. It was the strongest- I couldn't rip it apart. Yes, it's worth noting. |
 |
| What a badass. |
 |
| I would've preferred it without the syrup + cinnamon, but ayy lmao |
 |
| The guy hooked it up with free service. They were super friendly here and I appreciated it. |
 |
| When the beaches aren't sandy, it's hard to enjoy the water. |
 |
| These are baby pistachios in syrup. They become translucent and soft. I liked these enough to ask Smail to bring some back as a souvenir. |
 |
| See this tall glass? |
 |
| In my excitement I knocked it over and shattered it all over David. Sorry. My drink wasn't even alcoholic. Also, sorry, staff. I tipped extra. |
 |
| AIAAYYYYY LMAO |
 |
| Europe LOVES football. This whole bar was silent, watching the game. |
 |
| The ferry came a 'lil late #justgreekthings |
14.4.17
Last day in Athens.
 |
| This stuff is pretty good. I miss it. The sprudel of Greece. |
 |
| Maguronarudo's outdoor seating lmao |
 |
| These guys make a ton of different kinds of pies |
 |
| The variation is just in the fillings, though. Crust looks the same. |
 |
| It's not bad, but not the most interesting thing to eat here. |
 |
| I hate it when companies claim they're the best. Not a fan of absolutes. |
 |
| These were not bad, but also not interesting. |
 |
| I know this flavor profile, after all. |
 |
| I know this flavor profile, too, but man, was this much better. I do recommend Falafellas if you like falafel. Also, David doesn't like ketchup, s'mores, sea cucumber, persimmon. |
 |
| deconstructed Snickers in a jar lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo |
 |
| It was a sangria moment |
 |
| Shade on a rooftop bar is important. View wasn't as good as from A for Athens. |
 |
| These strawberries were really good. |
 |
| David bought some and we sat down to enjoy them. |
 |
| The strawberries were so good that David bought another kilo and we just continued eating them. This picture doesn't do justice to how red our fingers were. |
 |
| This is a....bar, I think. Cafe/bar deal. |
 |
>Chocolate soup
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo |
 |
| Thank you, Lena, for all your suggestions. I really enjoyed Athens as much as I did because of recommendations to places such as this. I would say this is my favorite dessert spot. For me, excellent fruit counts as dessert, but for chocolatey needs, this place does NOT disappoint. Sweets in large portions, good atmosphere, mom-and-pop feel- I'm lucky it's far away or else I'd go more often than I should. |
 |
| There is a LOT of chocolate. The bowl is a bit deeper than it looks. Do you believe in love at first sight? Because I just fall a little more in love every time I see this. |
 |
| This is like a bread/rice pudding type deal. I'm a fan. Look how nicely and firmly it holds its shape. I didn't jiggle this one, though. |
 |
| Not pictured: bowl of chocolate on the side you can eat this with. It's custard filling. I love custard. |
 |
| I did the best I could not to lick these bowls clean. It wasn't overly sweet, so it has a much more dark, rich taste. In its liquid form, it coats the inside of your mouth evenly, and it's a flavor explosion. I have nothing but praise for the desserts here, and they're even decently priced. 10/10. |
 |
| It's in a lively, yet nice area. |
 |
| This place is pretty close by- a very popular kouros bakery. |
 |
| It doesn't get any fresher than this. Well, actually we passed by this earlier and they were fresher, so it does, I guess. It doesn't get any much fresher than this. Like most baked goods, these are better fresh out of the oven. The sesame is more aromatic. |
 |
| Indoor swinging benches. I love those. I always sat on them when I passed by them in Costco or Home Depot. |
 |
| #justcapitalismthings |
 |
| no name brand |
 |
>shopping therapy
#justhedonismthings |
 |
| Interesting choice to go for the pixel style. |
 |
| We didn't get here in time to go in, but, honestly, I can tell what it's going to be like. |
 |
| The resident put out cat food from her windowsill here and fed the strays. |
 |
| Interesting decor. |
 |
| This place was pretty normal. |
 |
| Wasn't a big fan of this. The octopus I had at Olympian far outclasses this. |
 |
| Worth coming here for this gorgeous cat, tho. |
 |
| The restaurants here give off a strong mom-and-pop feel, which I do like. |
No comments:
Post a Comment