July 2017
 |
| Ah, Jonas was pretty good. I hate fox. |
 |
| I win, even when I lose. |
 |
Fraser doesn't care for MH, so he gave them to me~
This game is not released in the US, yet (at the time I got these- it's out now). |
 |
Why do people put unnecessary quotes on things? There are forums where people talk about this. As a prescriptivist, I would know.
I'm joking. Fuck prescriptivists! |
 |
| Bread vending machine |
 |
| What a nice sunset. |
 |
| Took a picture of this for phonology homework. Korean is really interesting, because it makes sense. It's really easy to learn. I wonder if the whole world could cooperate to mandate one language. |
 |
| Started my part-time job. Working 10 hours/week can sustain my life here. That's incredible. I wouldn't have that option back in the states. |
 |
| Small fair at school. |
Metz with Luise
 |
| I wonder if people actually sunbathe here. |
 |
| I don't want fast food Italian. |
 |
| Ulrich at work! |
 |
| Algerian sweets are REALLY sweet. |
 |
| Achtung! Don't fall in! |
 |
| T R A S H |
 |
| Ohhhhhhhh yeah. |
 |
| I haven't tried this, yet. |
 |
| Art performers. I totally did not guess this guy's Menschenrasse correctly. |
 |
| Stafff mist water onto people |
 |
| Edgy bikers |
 |
| Thanks, Wen, for hanging out with us and even cooking for us! |
 |
| SPOOKY BOOGIE |
 |
Chorizo, which I love.
Bread, which I love. |
 |
| This shrimp chips are so easy to eat. #justmonosodiumglutamatethings |
 |
| I really need to practice making things like this. |
 |
| Schwenking is INEFFICIENT. SORRY NOT SORRY. People have to eat! |
 |
Man, I want Mexican food, but this is probably not the way to go.
There's only one way to find out, though. |
 |
| This is getting really gross. I tried growing it out, but it doesn't get any fuller. It was fun to play with, but hell if I'm going to do maintenance on this. If you don't maintain, it'll get split ends and fall out and stuff. I'll keep it short from now on. |
 |
| Lena did this back in March. My mustache can never grow that full, though. |
 |
| Some buses are MUCH nicer than others. This one is even yellow. |
 |
| Ohhhhh man, I got FUCKED up this night, Martin's birthday. |
 |
| Had a great time, though. I'm just glad I made it home, mostly with these guy's help. |
 |
| Gummies :3 |
 |
| Free stock! Yay! |
 |
| :S |
 |
| Cute! |
 |
| Lmaoooooooooo |
 |
| Badr's famous potatoes. I gotta learn how to do this. |
August 2017
 |
| I love sweets, yet hate that I love them. |
Paris before I fly out from CDG (Charles de Gaulle)
 |
| First time staying at an airbnb without ever meeting the host. |
 |
| Enjoyed it, though. 3 thumbs up! 👍👍👍 |
 |
| Saucette on my baguette |
 |
| The Louvre's closed today. |
 |
| Fauvism. Cool. |
 |
| What a brilliant display of color. |
 |
| ASS |
 |
| my goatse |
 |
| This elevator is so small that I have to step out of it backwards with my backpack on. |
 |
| Reminder not to buy anything near populated tourist areas. This sucked. |
 |
| This also sucked. I liked the color, though. |
 |
| Paris, the place where I felt like I really NEED a drink. |
 |
| Fran-coy |
 |
| This guy looks straight out of recess |
 |
| They put coconut on their flan here, but I just want it plain. Sadly, the coconut detracts from this dessert. |
 |
| Beautiful croissant. |
 |
| The taste and texture never fail to disappoint in FR. There's a reason why people eat so many of these- because they're so good. |
 |
| The apricots on this weren't good. It feels like a waste when people try something with fruit, but it ends up worse than eating the fruit by itself. I guess that can be applied to cooking in general. |
 |
It takes a lot of bad filling in order to appreciate good filling. Same with cream, same with cake, same with everything, really. Passion starts from wanting things not to suck. In that sense, I'm full of passion.
Or maybe I'm just trying to fill the void in my heart in a tasty way. Hahaha. At least I'm full afterwards. |

 |
I really wanted to try one here, and I'm glad I did. The baguette is softer than at other banh mi places, and it makes a difference. You can see the sauce soaking into the bread. That's on top of the pate that's also spread inside. In every bite, you have a great combination of flavor and texture. The soft bread and the tender and flavorful meat are a delight to chew. The pate coats the inside of your mouth as you chew, which leaves a light salty and oily layer. The crunch of the carrots present a nice contrast to the softness, and the slight acidity from the vinegar kind of sparks in the mouth. The fresh cilantro keeps the other flavors in check, adding some much needed color and that slight bitterness.
Texture really plays a big role in these sandwiches. Have you tried eating a sandwich with stale bread? It sucks. If you toast it, the bread becomes very crispy and kind of snaps off when you try to eat it. It's hard and crispy at the same time. It makes it very hard to take a bite, even if it's a small sandwich, because the sandwich doesn't bend to your bite. That's why sandwich bread has to be soft. If you don't believe me, just try making a sandwich with a baguette that's 3 days old. That was rhetorical- don't actually do it. It sucks. |
 |
| Boba really sucked here lmao. Can't wait to have this back at the states. |
 |
I can't imagine myself making a profit on just bagels, unless I was the best in the city. Maybe that's what they all strive for- to be the best. The evidence wouldn't point to that conclusion. Is it really your passion to serve people the best thing they've ever eaten? Or are you getting away with charging as much as you can for however little you can put a price tag on?
It's up to the consumer to decide if it's a good value or not.
The problem is that many people will fall for products that are just not worth the money. Are companies knowingly having people waste their money on shit products? I've thought about this a lot. Sure, you can make a buck, but how can you sleep at night? My goal is to make the world a better place, not fill it with (more) shit. How is what I do giving back to the community that helped me get to where I am? |
 |
| Seeing buildings like this make me think of cs_italy. |
 |
| Emergency paint in your cane |
 |
I guess I'm not a big fan of French food. Maybe I'm not eating the right stuff, but as it stands, I have to say my palate is not very French. Even with wine, I prefer Italian wine to French. I tried a very full-bodied Bordeaux, but found myself wanting to drink the lighter Italian stuff.
Something to note is that French don't eat spicy food. Their main spices are salt, pepper, butter, herbs. If I eat something, I often wonder if the spicy version would be better. I can't even eat super spicy things- I just want a "deeper" flavor. Spice adds another layer to whatever I'm eating. |
 |
| Bought a shitload of bread to eat on the plane. The top loaf itself is like 400g. |
 |
| It's like a custard raisin thing. Really good, but not after 400g of it. |
 |
| I don't recommend Paris for travelers. |
No comments:
Post a Comment