Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Korea Trip

18.12.16 - 1.1.17
Tim invited me to Korea and I obliged :^)

I really needed this, but in the future I should make room in my carry-on for food so I don't have to buy airport stuff.
Frankfurt has these pods where you can rest, complete with speakers and an outlet.
MH with speakers is great
I don't know why nobody plays the multiplayer games.
I have plenty of time to find new music. I also had time to watch "The Secret Life of Dog", "The Secret Life of Pets", and "Finding Dory". They all sucked.
Uncle gave me a ride from the airport. Lucky me!~ Back at grandma's apartment, and not much has changed since.
Koreans wear pajamas
My grandma loves snacks, and I do, too
Kick the shit out of it! There is a market for weak glass.
At my aunt's clinic. It's for kids. As for me, everything still in order.
Tasty dried, salted seaweed
Super cute dog clothes. Our dogs hate wearing the stuff.
Someone lives at the top of the stairs
"Bar that still hasn't decided on a name"
Interesting that the name is half-Korean, half-JP. Korean romanization for 「バス」 would be "바스", no?
Shops can be really small. In Korea, shops come and go really quickly.
"아쯔아쯔" doesn't exist in KR? I'm pretty sure it's the Korean form of 「あつあつ」
It was just okay.
I have trouble using plural possessive apostrophes, but this is just unnecessary
Hi, Herb. I'm Pomi lmaooo
This has just enough edge for me to want to try it. Too bad I'm not a coffee guy.
Inside joke
I'll come here later with Tim
Hope a good samaritan returns this to you. I've relegated myself to an observer.
:3
I'm a dog and cat person.
New pup
He's a bit scared of the others, and they play kinda rough
Food stalls in Korea are where it's at.  Nice quadrilingual sign
Winter gear is cheap in Korea. These pants cost me ₩13,000.
Like every other donut place, it's only good fresh.



I love modern conveniences
Koreans use metal utensils
Hearty soup on a winter day
This artist reminded me of my dad in many ways. The confidence, the randomness, the random German, the abstract nature, and even drawing style. Not afraid to embrace the weird, be influenced by other styles, and challenge convention. My dad was the first artist in my life, and still my favorite.
Blue text: "A beautiful world that doesn't need drawings"
This was made by people kicking balls covered in paint
Each shoe had a different imprint
The sign said not to touch, but I really wanted to touch it.
I wouldn't want to see 한복 die out
There's a motor that constantly ruffles the trash up
I, too, am a living void
Super tiny shop
호떡 while I wait for the bus
Food stalls are a great way to experience Korean culture
Stop buttons on the top of the bus
Ayy lmao




Korean corn dog is battered real thick
Tim said he wanted to go clubbing, so I needed to get a pair of shoes. I found a local shoe store and went in. The grandma asked me what I'm looking for and how soon do I need to wear it. Conversation continued and then haggling. After I said I was 26 and single, she said I should meet her granddaughter. We did end up trading numbers, but it never went anywhere. Still, a fun experience.
These stage shows in the college districts are nice. Amateurs and pros come out. On a different day I had the pleasure of serendipitously seeing San-e perform live.
Fried chicken is popular in Korea, but that doesn't mean that every place is good :( Also, not a fan of eating alone
This is the real deal when you eat Korean fried chicken.
I visited a JP-KR language exchange. The vibe was a bit different than the KR-ENG language exchange. Not in a bad way, just different.
They give you shopping tips in the tourist guide hahaha. Here's a quick tip from me. Always ask for a discount. Even just "조금 깎아 줄 수 있어요?" will go a long way.






"Real" Korean restaurant, where you take your shoes off before you enter
Eating immediately after going out to eat. #justkoreanthings


Sweet potato chips
Church on top of a BBQ place
Every Korean dept store is huge
My favorite floor- food
I came for a local language exchange in Anyang, but what do you know, people don't go to language exchange on Christmas. Explored the Anyang "downtown" instead.
Give me a crane game over gacha any day
After every purchase, they loudly yell, "감사합니다! 맛있게 드세요!" I thought that was really cute. Also, they bake it multiple times throughout the day. I bought some. It wasn't bad.
Mos burger letting me down
Shopping for women's clothes is so much more fun than shopping for men's clothes.
I tried to think about how I would explain "My thing is being cool" in Korean, and it just sounded so shallow I gave up.
You gotta buy this off the guy who goes around in his truck. Straight one hundred freaysh
mfw wine & waffle
There are sensors that yell at you to stay on the sidewalk when it's not time to cross
P E N I N S U L A   C O U N T R Y
Ohhhhh yeah I missed this. Place near my house that's still open. The kimchi ones were actually really spicy.
Chicken was good, but I'm never impressed with cheese in Korea. Granted it's a fast food place, but still.
Koreans understand that you want variety.
The castella from earlier
Ohhhhhhh YAYER

Bought some 순데, too
I bought a winter jacket here. Unfortunately I've had issues with the zipper since, but the build quality is great and keeps me hella warm. I'm also a big fan of the breast pockets. I can fit my camera in the pocket and still have pockets for my handsicles.
I bought a ton of uniqlo stuff. We don't have that in SB.
These are a little tight, but I felt like you don't want loose tights.










This drama is pretty old




Make reservations via KT and even IG.

This restaurant knows me better than I know myself. I think this is takeout only, though.



Salad and coffee cafe. Pass attack


I, too, am food




If I was a girl, I'd wear it

My friend likes pandas.

Good to see this is still around.

Another language exchange, this time at a American-style burger joint. I'm glad people come out to language exchange, and I love meeting people there. Not a lot of people came out, but there was also an English class going on in the back over there.







I love 떡빵.


Raccoon cafe has a lot of rules. Understandably.
You cannot put your drink down- raccoons can and will wash their hands in it.
They are so curious. Every wall is a challenge to them.
They really like her
This is where they sleep. If you ever plan on coming to animal cafes, you usually want to come right when they open, because that's when animals are the most restless- after a night's sleep. They move around and play for about an hour, and then vegetate again.

I would laugh hard if I saw someone actually wearing this
Smoking is really popular in EU. Not a fan.



KR Daiso has a lot of signs

LA Dentist...in Seoul.

They are ready to get you what you need.







Okay this tree is really big, too.
The future of gaming. I can see VR arcade games becoming popular.



tofu and wine. alright.
I did not expect drawers in restaurant tables.
부대찌개 tastes exactly like how it looks. That's a good thing.

The purest wishes
Went to an aquarium :^)

Finding Dory did make me like belugas more.








I strive to replace my lexicon with Engrish
That's the most unclever acronym I've seen here.
Right in the weeny beeny
swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag



No comments:

Post a Comment