Thursday, August 24, 2017

New year, same me

January

It's cold.
# of public holidays/vacation per year. Germans also get 4 weeks of vacay / year compared to 2 weeks in the US.
4:13 mew mew :3
Partaking in sweets :3
don't let the cockroaches drink your sweat while you nap :3
I eat pretty well. I try to stick to €30 / week for groceries.
Their "Indian Pizza". I didn't think it was very Indian.
Mango lassi also not very good here. Really thin.
Chick peas are a great snack
Tea
Sometimes store-bought pastries are really, really good. I was pleasantly surprised that this was good.
Did you forget that it's cold? Because it is.
Phonetics is really interesting. I think it should be taught alongside language. It's definitely helping me learn German.
lmao
Blue boots are a bit much
I've been really disappointed with sun-dried tomatoes, because so many places oversalt them. I'm much better off buying the jar'd variety.
I picked up my plate from Malbar.
I like the glossy finish.
I discovered that the Mensa has extra spice! What's better than potatoes? Spicy potatoes.
Wow this is cute
Low-effort brezel. At least there isn't a lot of salt on it!
The start of my herb garden
Eggs so fresh there're feathers in the carton
This has more nuts/seeds than bread
This is the day I learned that eating 500g of meat in one sitting is too much. 200-250g is much better.
This is w/e, wouldn't get again.
Friend braided my hair for fun
I visited a space presentation.
Translator booths at the top.
Before it was a stand, but they're really buying a store front? Do people actually buy this stuff?
Portable battery
Voltage converter. It's really heavy.
New Years hot pot~
Taiha really treats us well. Even made us dessert!
Super sticky, loved it.
This stuff is really w/e. I'd rather just eat yogurt.
Lost and found at the Mensa










February






Cafe at school puts out blankets that you can use
Pears reserved for conferences
I don't like this, Lego.
I'm a sucker for keks. What's better than wafers? Chocolate covered wafers.
My friend likes cross stitching, and he's quite good
C O L L E G E   L I F E
Dessert offerings at Mensa cafe
This stuff is so much better on tap than from the bottle
Sick party house
This wein imitation was AWFUL, but ayy lmao evil wein
Of course there are salami brezeln.
Debbie is a one-woman army
It's cold enough to use the outside as your fridge. Those are yogurt cups.
lmaoooooooooooooo
Oh god I can't just waste all this pfeffer
Ich bin ein Amerikaner
I like jelly to be more viscuous.
This is a smoking ad, but just enjoy the message
My friend is a great cook and loves to bake
This is store-bought, though.
EMERGENCY SCHWENKER
Learning IPA finally paying off
Semester coming to a close
My friend gave me a really nice mug. I use it for tea now.
HOLY AMIIBOS
If you order medicine, it'll come down that chute. How fun!







March








Forgotten hat
People still do that love-lock stuff
Why not just plant a tree or something? This is actually bad for the bridge.
Going to the best burger place in SB
The prices are relatively high
surprise reminder of your mortality ayy lmao
mayo can stay off my burgers
I got some weird goat cheese burger. There were cucumbers instead of pickles. The meat was good. I wouldn't order this kind of burger again, but this is definitely a decent burger joint.
Afterwards we went for some eis
I tried the ice cream spaghetti and was seriously disappointed. The strawberry jam or w/e the sauce was just not good. I definitely am not a fan of jam with ice cream. The ice cream was also below average.
New place on the block! Really surprised to see something like this open up in a small town
This was definitely a labour of love- not mere pandering. I can respect that.
You can buy tokens to use
Complete Nausicaa? A+++++++++ would come again
Restroom art. I'm sure that watermark isn't legit, but ayy lmao
There's even a quiet spot upstairs for more private gaming.
The day I tried to get into the synagogue to buy Jewish wine. Their posted hours and actual store hours differ.
Oh, a little market. I bought a bit from each stall.
Charcuterie is simple to prepare
Knob on the side AND the middle. Knobs in the middle still throw me off.
We came to St. Ingbert for a tourney but couldn't find the damn event hall. It was in some industrial area.
We eventually found it and signed up
The tourney was really well organized. Setups galore and everyone havin' a good ole time. It was great to see players of all skill levels come out.
We watched exciting matches on the projector
St. Ingbert döner didn't come close to being as good as SB döner. This was the worst döner bread I've ever had.
Singles: SB took 1st and 3rd, St. Ingbert took 2nd
SB won crew battles
SB took doubles, too.
The grand finals were really fun to watch. Fraser did a smashing job, but I kind of feel bad for St. Ingbert because we just went there and won everything. It was my first tourney and I had a lot of fun. We did make some new friends and would later end up playing sm4sh every week.
These medals are pretty nice.
Now it just sits on my shelf, but it's still nice to look at.
Otaku Lounge got a Switch, and I played the games there. I'm not a fan of Bomberman R (Input lag, stupid 3d mode) or Breath of the Wild (not a fan of Zelda series either).
The menu has some JP-style food, but of course it doesn't hold a candle to the stuff I've had.
They have a Neo Geo emulator here (not anymore ;_;), and this game is the SHIT. Money Puzzle Exchange!
Although in JP it was called "Money Idol Exchanger"
This is the friendliest kebab place in SB, hands down.
Remind me not to get Turkish pizzas. They're really normal. Just get a döner.
You don't need to get a plate either, unless you go to somewhere like Parkdeck. This is just a open döner. Quality is aiite here.

It's exactly what it sounds like, a knick knack shop
I came here to look at bier steins





I've been hearing good things about City Basar
Their selection of dried goods is amazing!
I really didn't stick to my budget this week
Drinking tea here just makes me want to drink 유자차
Finally trying Al Bacio. This place's decor is pretty nice, but the pizza's cheap!


Personal pizzas

I tried a coconut dessert, but it was just okay. The coconut also gave me a really deep splinter.
There's a small bar under a hotel which is quite nice and serves Moroccan food.

Smoking is allowed in here, though :(
This place has a lot of personality

Remember the coconut splinter? I could not for the life of me get it out.
YOSSY ISLAND!!! I won it in a Bomberman R tournament. It wasn't a fair fight- my opponents didn't even know how to play.

...but we take those.

No comments:

Post a Comment