Sunday, September 25, 2016

Bad Dürkheim

17.9.16 Saturday

I've been only cooking a little bit, but this morning, I decided to make more eggs. I bought some pfeffer (pepper) when I was with Ania (we had gone shopping at Karstadt since it was on the way. They have a lot of good stuff. Sweets, too :3). I get enough salz in my diet, but I need pfeffer for eier (eggs). I bought high quality regional eggs, so I was ready.

REAL eggs!

I'm trying to get the french omelette right, so it's fun for me to practice it. I don't have some of the ingredients I want to put into it, but ayy lmao.

I at least have some pfeffer. This'll make it taste better. I opened up the cap to remove the seal.

But there was no seal. I opened it with a little bit of force, and the pfeffer went everywhere. Sigh. I picked them up and threw them away.

The pfeffer landed in the bowl, too, but I decided to just leave it. I wasn't going to pick out every single one of them. That'd be a hassle. I eat my mistakes.You can see from the top yolk that the color is very strong. I like that.
I don't recommend eating pfeffer in that large of quantities, though. I did it so you don't have to. Just grind it like a normal person.

Today we went on a hike to a tall tower, Schwarzenbergturm, where there is an amazing view. I think you can see 3? 4? countries from there.


1
Only stairs all the way up! Ahahahahaha! What a great workout!
That's university!
I got up there right at 3, and you can hear the church bells from Alt-Saarbrücken from here. It's a great view to enjoy quietly.
They have labels so you can see what's what. I can't make out anything. Great place to bring binoculars.
You can have a picnic over here.


I went to Netto, since I need to eat more than just pfeffer-ei (pepper eggs).
It's common to see cars on the curb. If there isn't any designated parking, it seems like you can do this.
Recycling is very important in Germany. You pay a deposit when you buy plastic/glass bottles or cans, so get that money back by recycling! Usually supermarkets have one near the entrance.
I'ma hella geschmack d@
Wow washing spinach sucks so much. I need a strainer.
:3 These were good. You can't really go wrong with herby cheese.
This has like some...garlic? bits? It's good.
This is okay. You can have like 3-4 of them, but more than that is a bit much. I shouldn't have bought such a big pack. They looked nice (´・ω・`)
Okay wow I thought this would be alright but man was I wrong. There's like a jelly in the middle? NO! I don't want that! More on this later.
I find myself gravitating for the waffle snacks. And they're good! The biscuit is crispy, and the cream filling is very kaffeelich (coffee-y). Super easy to eat, but you want to drink something like milch oder kaffee (milk or coffee) with it.
Hungarian salami. I can smell it just by looking at it. You can smell this cured sausage through the package. I wanted to try it, but it's not really my slice of sausage (cup of tea).
This was on sale, but I didn't like it that much. I've had it before and should've known better, but ayy lmaoooo
I didn't forget. I'ma hella pfirsich right now yo. I actually drank it really quickly. Peach water is good.
At Greg's recommendation, I had some Kefir. Kefir is sour joghurt. It was not my thing. But I drank it all ayy lmao

In the e'en, I watched "Tampopo" with Mie and Eri. I wanted to watch a good movie after being subjected to "Free Rainer".

:B snackerinos
This is really interesting, but I prefer just chocolate. Fresh fruit with chocolate I'm okay with, but Obst mit Schokolade (Fruit chocolate) is meh.

I hope they enjoyed Tampopo. I begged Mie to take the jelly chocolate out of my hands. Luckily, she liked them. I ate a lot of Eri's chocolate-covered biscuits and potato chips.

Thanks, Eri, for the picture!
18.9.16 Sunday

Today we're going to wurstmarkt in Bad Dürkheim! Wurstmarkt is a pretty poor choice of word. I didn't really know what it was going to be, but I was going to go (ayy lmao). I knew there was going to be wine. I'm not a big fan of wine, but when in Germany/Rome.

When they said, "Last day of Summer", they meant it. I dressed pretty sparsely, because the weather was so nice yesterday. Mistake. It was pretty damn cold. Now I check the weather before I dress.

This is the first time I've seen the "Halt" sign with a person on it. I was instantly reminded of the only other time I've seen this- whilst playing Lemmings.

...which is a great allusion, because we had to swap trains due to the discovery of an old WW2 bomb. It delayed us a bit and also rained a little, aber das ist egal (but it doesn't matter).

Cute

Regional specialty? Damn, should've tried it! Maybe next time.

Eri said she had this and it was good, but I thought I'd get a chance to eat it. I didn't. :/
It's a carnival (or fair! I don't know the difference)! Ah, this will be more fun than I expected.

Rollercoasters :O

Even a haunted house! Spooky boogie~

I wanted to eat something special, but all the stands sold very similar things- wurst. It wasn't a bad sausage, but the bread was w/e. I like mustard.
Mie and Hiroko decided to play one of the carnival games. You place the frog on your catapult, hit it pretty hard, and try to get it to land in one of the moving bowls. They bought like 20? frogs or something and had at it.




Hahaha this game brought out some real emotion. It was really funny when they missed the slam zone and hit the table instead. Hiroko won a frog! (「あぁ、ちっちゃい」 "Ah, it's small")


Steamed bread with vanilla and cherry soße. The bread was really too plain. I liked the vanilla sauce.






Mie, Hiroko, Eri, and I met Vivek and Manisha. We wanted to go ride some rollercoasters! There was this huge bungee contraption, but we didn't want to ride it.

This one looked like the most fun, and Vivek (who had ridden them all) recommended it, too.


It was a lot of fun. We were screaming a lot. I think the ride operators enjoyed that, so they made the ride longer and faster. It was really fun and truly the best ride there. 

Eri couldn't ride the other one, but she was okay with this one. Everything was downhill after the previous ride, though. This one can make full revolutions, but at a much lower frequency.
Now that we rode some rides, we could drink. At least, I wanted to drink. There were nice booths set up for wine tasting.

I wouldn't know wine in English, anyway. I ordered #3? I think? And weinschorle of #2.

This wine actually opened my eyes and taste buds to wine. I have rarely liked the wines I've drunk, but this was a whole 'nother story. It was so easy to drink. Just plain good. I'm smacking my lips just thinking about it. They filled it generously, too, past the 0,5 liter mark!

Weinschorle was interesting, but I wouldn't order it again. The wine was good enough to enjoy as is.

Mie on my right ordered #6, and it was amazingly sweet. Very delicious, but I'd reserve it for finishing.

Fries served with fried...onions? or something, mayo, and barbecue sauce. Sauce-wise, I think I prefer a tabasco/ketchup mix.

At this point I'd had 1L of wine and feeling pretty good, but this was the best wine I've ever had, so I wanted more. The wine is also really cheap compared to everywhere else!

I think I chose #1, but I honestly forgot. I'm toasting Mie, and Manisha is toasting the woman at the table next to us. It seems like people are friendlier after they drink.

Manisha with a friendly guy.
I think it's a crepe, but I don't rememory.
I had to go to the bathroom like 4 times throughout this entire time, and I can't believe they charged money for it. It was 50c per. -_-; But I really enjoyed myself. I'd go again for the wine in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

  1. How so interesting... I wish I was there when you were trying those wines. ^^ Same some for me!

    ReplyDelete