Saturday, September 10, 2016

Registration

5.9.16
7:48 AM I've played wow since 10 PM. I started a monk and went from 1-24. Think I'll swap to healer and just level in instances. Now leaving for campus. I don't know how the buses work around here and I don't want to call a taxi. I have all day to register, just need to be there from 10 AM to 6 PM. I'll walk to breakfast at Barbarossa, and then walk to university from there. It can't be that bad. I mean, okay, it's ~56 minutes with one wheel busted on my huge suitcase, but...I can do it. I'll do it. What else am I gonna do?
-I'm going to tip generously. I broke one of their shower curtain rings while I was bathing. Of course I told them about it and they were nice enough to say it was okay.
-9:36 AM I planned to go to Barbarossa to eat breakfast. I got tired and found another cafe on the way. It was a small mom and pop shop. Charming. I spent 4.50 euros on a sandwich and classic water. How is water going to cost me 2.10 euros? :/

Simple sandwich.
My lens fogged up because I was sweating balls. That suitcase is a bitch.
I rested up and kept going. Then another one of my wheels went out. I took this picture after the fact.

Son of a BITCH. It doesn't roll. You can drag it. So I dragged it. I shaved the plastic a bit.
I could still kinda push it, so I kept going. It hadn't been even 7 minutes before I got to Barbarossa and decided to take a break there, too.

It's a chain (kette). The lady on the right really reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts in Iron Man).
Vegerianisch wrap because I need more vegetables. Apfelschorle, carbonated apple juice.
I need to buy a new suitcase ASAP.

On my way out from Barbarossa, I walked a bit and came to a bus stop. I was looking up the schedules beforehand and knew that some of them went to campus. I saw a girl come up and she talked to me in English. She helped me and said that this was the right bus. She lives extremely close by. She's on her way to campus, too, so she also got on the bus. She told the bus driver, and the driver waived my fee. So nice! She told me the bus drivers are kind, and it happens often. I was glad to hear that. We talked until we got to campus. My registration area was literally right outside the bus stop, so we parted ways. I asked her for her contact info in case I had more questions. She could be my first friend here! How lucky I was to meet someone who could help me when I really, really needed it!

There are a lot of smokers here. There are very few nonsmoking places, albeit some subway cars, the airplane, the university. Thank God it isn't raining today! That sucked yesterday.

I came early to registration. There were others there already! Eri and Andre were chatting up a storm. They were friendly. We did introductions and there are a lot of people from all over! Argentina, Japan, Belarus, Russia, Hong Kong. And a lot of them know a lot of German! It was pretty intimidating. I'm one of the few beginners, it looks like. Ah, so much to learn.

-10:56 AM done registering. I got my apt key, campus wi-fi account, bus ticket, and mensa card (cafeteria).

NO downloading music/videos. Illegal.

Some of the program students live in Dudoplatz, and the others live in Waldhaus. Others found separate accommodation. Later on I would learn that some of them were assigned flatmates of the opposite gender. Interesting.

Dudoplatz, where I'm not living. It's a bit north from campus.
I got to my place and...it was filthy. I would even say disgusting. It's obvious shoes were worn inside, but nobody had cared to clean this place up. There were cobwebs in the corners, a large, dead insect on the floor next to an outlet, dust, dirt...sigh. I had my work cut out for me.

No matter which two people, if you have them live in the same house, they'll have different standards for cleanliness. People who care about cleanliness are very picky people. I'm one of those picky people. I just can't have any peace of mind when my surroundings are filthy. It's a huge stress on the mind. There was so much to clean...but the only thing to do was to clean it.

No window in restroom
Electric grill
View outside my window. This place would be nicer if they weren't doing construction every day for the foreseeable future.
"What are you talking about, Pomi, that doesn't look dirty at all! You're just a clean freak!" No, you're wrong. The pictures don't reflect it, and I don't want them to. I don't want to remember how dirty it was. I'll clean it ASAP and have more memories of it clean.

-4:57 PM On my way to the store to buy cleaning gear and food. I met Miki and Miyu trying to get internet. I just finished setting mine up (talked to the guy on 10-7, bought a router for 10? euros. You can return it for 5? euros when you leave). I helped them and then asked if they wanted to go shopping together. They agreed, so we went. We met Ayuka on her way back, and she joined us for our stuff. Netto Filiae is pretty cheap, thank God. I brought 2 backpacks and the 2 reusable shopping bags and filled them up. We walked all the way back, around 14 mins. We were pretty tired after that, hahaha, because we were all carrying a lot of water. I was all sweaty and my nose was running like crazy.

The selection is quite decent. Of course it doesn't have everything, but it has good stuff. Vegetables and fruit are fresh.
The price for carbonated water and still water is the same. Yay!~ Very reasonable at ~1.10 euros for 6 large bottles.
After I got back I took a nap. I got up at 12 AM and started cleaning. Start from the top and work towards the bottom. I arranged my room a bit differently, more like Martin's (the guy who you get internet from). It's much nicer now.

The refrigerator leaks water if you turn on the special "Supercool" mode.
I wiped down literally every single tile on the walls.
And then I played some wow. My monk went from 24-37.

There's still a bunch of cleaning to do, but it'll have to wait for when I have a bigger block of time.

Thank God I don't need to push around this stupid suitcase anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment